The best homemade Crunchy French Toast with a crispy granola crust and served with honey syrup and fresh fruits are insanely delicious and delightful.
There is nothing that beats the crispy French toast with its ultimate texture and taste. This homemade crispy french toast holds a milky pudding bread inner with a super crunchy crust. It is not common to make crispy french toast with granola; however, the result is surprising and intense.
If you have some bread leftover, don’t waste them. This simple crunchy French toast recipe will turn your unwanted food into a delicious dish within 20 minutes.
What are the ingredients?
- White bread
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut Flour
- Baking powder
How to make crunchy French Toast?
Prepare the batter by combining all the ingredients except granola and bread. Soak the bread slices in the batter and coat them with granola on both sides evenly.
Cook the bread with a frying pan until golden brown.
Top the crispy French toast with your favorite syrup (or honey) and fresh fruits, serve it immediately.
What bread makes the best crunchy French Toast?
Any day-old bread will make you the best French toast since it won’t be too soft after soaking with milk. The most common bread people make crispy French toast are brioche, challah, and French baguette.
How to avoid the crispy French toast becomes soggy?
First, we need to choose firm bread instead of moisture and soft ones. So the bread won’t be too wet after soaking enough of the milk mixture.
Secondly, don’t soak the bread in the milk mixture for too long. As soon as the bread covers enough milk, it would help to transfer it to a different plate with granola.
Lastly, coat the bread with enough granola before cooking.
More simply delicious recipes for breakfast and brunch
- 6 slices Brioche
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 cups Granola
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter, for cooking
- Add milk, eggs, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, and whisk well.
- Combine the mixture with coconut flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Add the granola into a shallow dish, set it aside.
- Press and soak bread slices in the batter for 1 minute, then transfer them to the shallow dish of granola. Gently press the bread and coat it with granola on both sides.
- Add the butter to the frying pan or skillet and heat it on medium fire. Place the toast on the pan and cook it for 3 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Top the crispy French toast with your favorite syrup (or honey) and fresh fruits, serve it immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 22.2gSaturated Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 55.4gFiber: 9.6gSugar: 20.3gProtein: 15.9g