Easy Granola is simply prepared with 7 everyday ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s healthy and absolutely delicious with a crunchy, nutty taste.
Homemade easy granola is one of the popular breakfast recipes you can make at home without too many ingredients and cooking tools. It’s always my favorite morning routine as I enjoy it with a cup of fresh fruit and milk (or yogurt) drizzling from the top.
Why People Love This Recipe?
You may still hesitate about which granola to pick when you stand in front of hundreds of special granola at the local grocery. Then, this recipe will have a great solution for you. It makes delicious granola with a handful of ingredients only and will never fail.
This easy granola recipe is also various, which brings you a personal favorite with some alternative nuts and dried fruits.
Homemade granola stores well in an air-tight container for up to a month at room temperature.
Ingredients For Easy Granola
This gluten-free granola recipe is simply prepared with only a few everyday ingredients.
- Instant Oats (or Old-Fashion Rolled Oats).
- Shredded Coconut (optional)
- Egg White
- Peanut Butter- good substitution will be almond, hazelnut, or pecan butter.
- Maple Syrup
- Nuts and Trail Mixes- contains almond, pecan, hazelnut, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and raisins.
- Coconut Flakes
In this recipe, I use egg white instead of oil to cut down the fat and lower calories for a total intake. It’s healthier and crunchier in texture.
How To Make Easy Granola?
- Combine & Mix. Add all dry ingredients except coconut flakes in a bowl, mix and combine well with a mixture of egg white, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Transfer To A Baking Pan. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan attached with parchment paper, and gently press into an even layer.
- Bake Through. Bake for 10 minutes, then spread mixed nuts, dry fruits and coconut flakes on top evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the coconut flakes are browned on the edges.
- Cool Down. Remove from the oven, and let it cool down completely for 30 minutes at room temperature. Break the granola apart and serve with fresh milk.
- Transfer the granola mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper, and gently press into an even layer with a spoon. It helps to create nice, clumpy granola.
- Add mixed nuts, dry fruits and coconut flakes during the last 5 to 10 minutes baking process, so they won’t come out burnt.
- Must cool down the granola completely before storing it in an air-tight contianer, which helps to keep the crunchy and cripsy texture longer.
Crunchy granola is served perfectly with fresh milk, greek yogurt for an easy and healthy breakfast. It also tastes fabulous as a topping on ice cream and cake desserts.
In general, granola is considered high in sugar; however, making it your own will be a different story. You may reduce the sweetness by adding less maple syrup and using less-sugar peanut butter.
More Easy And Healthy Recipes You May Like
How Do You Like This Recipe?
I’d love to know how you feel about this Easy Granola recipe if you had a chance to try it. Leave me in the comment below, thanks.
- 3 cups Instant Oats
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Egg White
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Nuts and Trail Mixes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (178°C) and line a (9 x 9 inches) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add oats and shredded coconut into a bowl. Then, stir in egg white, peanut butter and maple syrup, mix well with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and gently press with a spoon to a flat and smooth layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then evenly sprinkle mixed nuts, dry fruits and coconut flakes on top. Continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the coconut flakes are browned on the edges. Remove from the oven, and cool down completely for 20 minutes at room temperature. Break the granola apart and serve immediately.
- To avoid the burnt coconut flakes, add them halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely before breaking apart to have the best crunchy and crispy granola.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 15.6gSaturated Fat: 4.8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 27.2gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 14.2gProtein: 8.3g