Sweet, tangy baked Honey Lemon Chicken Wings are easy to make. They’re perfect for an appetizer or served alongside rice as a delicious side. Easy and quick chicken wings recipe cooked in an oven with a few everyday ingredients.
What Is Honey Lemon Chicken Wings?
Honey lemon chicken wings are sweet, savory, and overloaded with citrus flavor. Adding fresh lemon juice to the marinade jazzes up the wings a bright lemon taste. The wings are perfectly baked into crispy on the outside and tender, juicy from the inside. It’s so delicious and healthy.
You may also enjoy my other delicious chicken wings recipe, Tebasaki- Japanese Fried Chicken Wing.
Why People Love This Recipe?
It’s one of the easiest chicken wings recipes that only requires a few everyday ingredients and 10 minutes of active time to prepare.
This recipe makes the best appetizers for game nights or big events. Trust me, make more if you could because you won’t stop eating them after the first bite.
These flavorful chicken wings are also irresistible when served with a bowl of steamed rice. If you’ve already had a long day at work, then making them for a busy weeknight dinner is the best choice. Marinate the chicken wings overnight and bake them in the oven for 25 minutes, and your dinner is ready to serve.
Ingredients For Honey Lemon Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Garlic, minced
- Dark Soy Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Honey- You may also use maple syrup as a substitute.
- Olive Oil (vegetable oil or corn oil)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Japanese rice cooking wine/ Mirin
Japanese rice cooking wine (Mirin) is a sweet dry rice wine. It certainly adds an umami flavor to the dish. The good substitutes for Mirin will be a sweet dry wine, sweet marsala wine or rice vinegar.
How To Make Honey Lemon Chicken Wings?
First, marinate chicken wings with garlic, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, olive oil, salt, black pepper, rice wine, and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Next, bake the wings for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make sure to marinate the chicken wings for 30 minutes or longer. It gives the wings enough time to absorb all the flavors from the sauce, so they won’t taste bland after cooking.
- Temperature is very important for baking the wings. Bake chicken wings at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes to get golden crispy skin and juicy meat on the inside. If the temperature is higher, the chicken will end up with dry and overcooked meat.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two days. To reheat, microwave the chicken wings for 2 to 3 minutes.
Yes. Place chicken wings into the fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes and flip over during halftime.
More Delicious Recipes You May Like
How Do You Like This Recipe?
I’d love to know how you feel about this Honey Lemon Chicken Wings recipe if you had a chance to try it. Leave me in the comment below, thanks.
- 1 lb Chicken Wings
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (vegetable oil or corn oil)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice cooking wine/ Mirin
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings with paper towels. Transfer the wings to a bowl, add garlic, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, olive oil, salt, black pepper, rice wine, and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Toss well and marinate the wings for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lined the baking pan with foil and spaced out lemon slices on it. Place each chicken wing on top of each lemon slice. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken wings turn dark brown.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571Total Fat: 23.9gSaturated Fat: 5.6gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 1425mgCarbohydrates: 21.8gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 18.3gProtein: 66.2g