The honeycomb toffee coffee latte is a new trendy Dalgona coffee recipe made with sugar, water, baking soda, milk, and espresso. This is one of the most delicious coffee drinks you should ever try.
What is Honeycomb Toffee Coffee Latte?
- You may question what is honeycomb toffee. Honeycomb toffee or sponge candy is made from water, sugar, and baking soda, which forms a sponge-like texture. It tastes like caramel hard candy. People love to add it to a coffee latte or milk tea at a topping.
- Honeycomb toffee coffee latte is originally from Korea which tastes sweet and creamy while the candy melts. Thus, honeycomb toffee coffee is also called Dalgona coffee which means sweet and caramelized milk coffee in Korea.
- Water- The ratio for water and sugar is 1:2
- Baking Soda- The ratio for baking soda and sugar is 1:20.
Tips for making honeycomb toffee candy?
- We only need 3 simple ingredients to make this sweet honeycomb toffee candy; however, we still need to pay attention to it while cooking the sugar. Cook the sugar with water slowly on medium heat for 15 minutes until the bubbles form. Then turn off the heat immediately, once the color becomes golden brown. Don’t cook the sugar for too long or the candy will taste bitter.
- Never stir the water while cooking; otherwise, the sugar won’t be dissolved properly.
What to serve with the honeycomb toffee coffee latte?
- This coffee latte is a great enjoyment with all the favorite desserts, such as homemade scones, blueberry crumble muffins, Strawberry tart, egg tart.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Honeycomb Toffee Candy
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 50ml Water
- 5g Baking Soda
Iced Coffee Latte
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Shots Espresso
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
Honeycomb Toffee Candy
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking pan.
- In a medium or large size saucepan, add sugar and water.
- Cook it for 15 minutes on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved completely. You don't need to stir the water while cooking since the sugar will be dissolved by itself.
- Once the water becomes bubbling and turning to brownish, then turn off the heat.
- And add baking soda to the water immediately. Keep stirring it with a spatula until the baking soda is dissolved entirely. While stirring the mixture, it should become bubble and expand.
- Pull the mixture on the baking pan, and spread it evenly with the spatula. Let it cool down completely at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once the honeycomb toffee candy is cooled and hard, crack it into small pieces with a spoon.
Assembly the honeycomb toffee coffee
- Add ice and milk in a glass, and garnish the broken pieces of honeycomb toffee candies on the top. Then pull the double espresso shot directly into it. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 22gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g