Japanese Egg Sandwich- Tamago Sando is made with mashed egg salad and soft white milk bread. This sweet and savory egg sandwich is just simply delicious with daily ingredients. You can make them less than 20 minutes for a healthy meal. What are you waiting for?
The egg sandwich- Tamago Sando is a popular healthy “fast food” in Japan. Why do I call them fast food? Because you can get them easily and quickly from any convenience store in Japan, and enjoy them immediately without reheating them. The Japanese egg sandwich is unlike any American sandwich, which tastes light and full of egg yolk flavor. The creamy egg salad is mixed with Japanese Mayonnaise and condensed milk, which creates a sweet and savory taste. The tasty egg sandwich makes the best breakfast and snack that only needs less than 20 minutes to prepare.
What are the ingredients?
- White Milk Bread– Shokupan is also known as Japanese fluffy white milk bread. The pillow-soft bread tastes sweet and milky, which is the best bread to make an egg sandwich.
- Eggs– Choose the room temperature eggs if you can, so the eggs won’t get cracked while boiling them.
- Japanese Mayonnaise– Kewpie is the most command Japanese Mayo brand worldwide, which is made with egg yolk and rice or apple vinegar. It tastes sweeter and lighter than the American Mayo, which makes the food more appetizing. You can easily find it in any Asian groceries or from their online store.
- Condensed Milk– This is definitely a secret of this egg sandwich recipe since most recipe likes to use sugar instead of condensed milk. The sweet and creamy condensed milk is easily blended in with other ingredients and makes a perfect sweet and savory egg salad.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
The trick of making a perfect Tamago Sando?
Making a delicious creamy egg salad is the key. Here is the tip.
- Separate the boiled egg’s egg white and egg yolk in two different bowls. Mash the egg yolk in another bowl, and mix it with salt, black pepper, mayo, and condensed milk. Then, combine it with the cut egg white, which makes a creamy egg salad.
How to store the Japanese Egg Sandwich?
- You can keep the homemade egg sandwich in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight plastic bag or container.
- You can also refrigerate the egg salad by itself in the fridge for up to 5 days and spread it on your favorite bread when you want to have it.
Try more bread recipe for making a healthy sandwich
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Slices of White Milk Bread
- 1/3 Tsp Salt (or Garlic Salt, Sea Salt)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- Add 1 Tbsp of vinegar, 1 Tbsp of the slat, and 3 eggs to the pot, and fill the water till cover the eggs. Bring water to boil, and cook the eggs for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While boiling the eggs, fill the ice and cold water in another large bowl. Once the eggs are cooked, transfer them to the cold water immediately. Soak the eggs in the water for 5 minutes, then remove the eggshell.
- Mash the boiled eggs in a bowl with a fork or cut them into small cubes with a knife. Then, add salt, black pepper, Mayonnaise, and condensed milk to it, mix well.
Assemble the egg sandwiches
- Place one slice of the bread on the table, and spread the egg salad on it evenly. Then, cover it with another slice of bread.
- Wrap the sandwich with plastic film, and cut it in half. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 285mgSodium: 962mgCarbohydrates: 37.7gFiber: 8gSugar: 9.7gProtein: 17.1g