The delicious, buttery Lemon Pound Cakes are perfectly in their bite-size lemon shells and drizzled with refreshing lemon glaze.
The homemade lemon pound cake is one of my favorite desserts for breakfast, afternoon tea, or snack time since it is easy to make and tasty. The buttery and moist pound cake tastes even better with a decent lemon flavor. Besides, I added lemon zest and lemon juice to the batter to make it more flavorful and lemony.
Have you tried any lemon pound cakes in the real lemons? If not, then this is a must-try homemade recipe that will give both your eye and mouth a surprise. The cakes are perfectly baked with natural cracks on the top; besides, the lemon flavor is fully absorbed into the cake. Add a spoon full lemon glaze to the cake that creates a crunchy outer and soft inner as such an amazing contrast.
What are the ingredients?
- Fresh lemons
- Unsalted Butter
- White granulated sugar
- Icing Sugar
How to make the pound cake buttery and moist?
- First, we need to soften the butter at room temperature before use. Check the consistency of the butter with your finger, not too soft or too hard. If the butter could hold the shape while pressing it, which means it is ready to use. If the butter is too hard to press down, then it needs more time. In contrast, if the butter is soft enough to press but couldn’t hold the shape, then it is too soft.
- Secondly, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, which makes the cake soft but dense.
How do you store the lemon pound cakes?
- Keep the leftover lemon pound cakes in an airtight container or plastic bag, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy the cake either thaw them at room temperature or serve them chill.
What to serve with the lemon pound cakes?
- The lemon pound cake makes an excellent breakfast or afternoon dessert with Honeycomb Toffee Coffee Latter.
Check more easy homemade cake recipes you may like.
- 5 Fresh Lemons
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 85g White Granulated Sugar
- 1g Salt
- 80g Egg
- 95g All-purpose Flour
- 15g Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2g Lemon Zest
- 6g Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 30g Icing Sugar
- Wash 7 lemons with running water. Cut 5 of them in half. And get lemon zest from another two.
- Remove the pulp from the lemons and squeeze it into juice in a bowl. Set aside. Use the lemon skins for cake molds and place them on the baking pan.
- Soften the butter at room temperature before use. Add butter, white granulated sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Keep beating it until creamy and fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and add them into the mixture 3 times while beating it. Beat the mixture until completely combined before adding the next portion of the eggs.
- Add squeezed lemon juice to the mixture, and beat it to combine well with a hand mixer.
- Add lemon zest and all-purpose flour to the mixture, and mix well with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag, and squeeze it out to the lemon skin molds. Place each lemon mold on the baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 356F, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After baking, allow the cake to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice with icing sugar in a small bowl. Then spoon the lemon glaze on top of the cakes. Enjoy it once the glaze is set!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 19.7gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 12.3gProtein: 1g