A healthy and delicious Roasted Pumpkin Salad is the best seasonal salad recipe made with pumpkins, kales, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and served with a homemade yogurt dressing on the top.
The pumpkin salad recipe is a cozy and tasty appetizer that serves the best flavor for the season. The sweet and sour cherry tomatoes and blueberries balance out the bitter taste of the kale, which makes the salad more refreshing. Top the salad with a warm roasted pumpkin is such a perfect idea for the chilly fall.
What makes me love the pumpkin salad more? I will tell you it is the best homemade salad dressing. A low-calorie yogurt dressing combines honey, Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper, which tastes slightly sweet and sour. It is delightful and full of enjoyment.
What are the ingredients?
- Pumpkin, chopped
- Kale leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Honey Glazed Walnuts, crushed
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
How to make the Roasted Pumpkin Salad?
- Roasted pumpkin salad is a simple appetizer that requires 20 minutes to prepare. Bake the pumpkins with salt and black pepper seasoning, and place them with all the fresh ingredients such as kale leaves, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, and cheese.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and pull it over the fruits and vegetables.
- Serve the salad with a few honey-glazed walnuts garnished.
Can I prepare the Pumpkin Salad ahead of time?
- For the best taste of the roasted pumpkin salad, I recommend you make the salad dressing ahead of time and refrigerate it until serve. However, I like to serve the pumpkins warm on the salad, which is also the best way to enjoy the dish.
More delicious pumpkin recipes you may interest.
- 2 cups Pumpkin, chopped
- 1 cup Kale leaves
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Honey Glazed Walnuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven for 400°F (200°c).
- Skinned pumpkins and cut them into bite-size pieces. Seasoning the pumpkins with salt, black pepper, and olive oil, toss well in a mixing bowl.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper, place the pumpkins on it evenly.
- Bake the pumpkins for 20 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Pull off the kale leaves from the stems with your hands. Wash and rinse them under running water and drain the excess water with a colander. Set it aside.
- Rinse and drain both cherry tomatoes and blueberries. Set aside.
Salad dressing preparation
- Combine Greek yogurt, honey, Balsamic vinegar, olive oil in a bowl, and add salt and black pepper for taste. Whisk well with a fork.
Prepare the salad
- Place the kale leaves, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, Mozzarella cheese, and roasted pumpkins on a plate. Pull the dressing over the salad and garnish with crushed honey glazed walnuts. Serve it immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 7.1gSaturated Fat: 2.4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 36.1gFiber: 9.2gSugar: 17.4gProtein: 11.1g