Snow Fungus Soup is a traditional Chinese dessert soup; it is also known as white fungus soup, which contains snow fungus, dried goji berries, and dried Chinese red dates.
What are the benefits of the snow fungus?
- Snow fungus is “the king of the fungus,” it brings many benefits to people’s bodies if we have it constantly. Snow Fungus is a precious herbal in Traditional Chinese Medicine, which could strengthen the body from the illness, and also good for the lungs, kidneys, stomach, and heart. Also, it is a natural food help to reduce high blood pressure.
- Secondly, this soup brings a lot of benefits to ladies’ skin, such as reduce freckles, chloasma, and rich in collagens. Besides, the snow fungus contains dietary fiber that controls sugar absorption that causes weight loss.
When to enjoy the soup?
- The best time to drink the snow fungus soup is in the Summer afternoon because it could improve the appetite from the heat and fatigue of your body. Besides, drink this soup after dinner could also cool your body down from the whole day’s stress and improve sleep quality.
How to store it?
- It is not recommended to leave the snow fungus soup overnight in the fridge since it is more likely to produce nitrite from the soup. According to the research, consume too much nitrite from the food will cause nausea and dizziness. Therefore, cook a small portion of the soup and enjoy it to get the best taste and most benefits.
What to serve it?
- The best way to enjoy the snow fungus soup is when it is chilled from the fridge.
- It is also an excellent combination of coconut milk and fresh chopped papaya, mango, or any tropical fruits you like.
- Serve this Chinese dessert soup with the mung bean cake makes a delightful snack set.
Tips of how to get a nice thicken transparent colloid texture in a short time.
- The best part about the snow fungus soup is the thicken colloid texture when it’s cooked; however, it takes time to get the result. People usually cook for 2 hours or more to get the thickness texture. In this easy recipe, you could make the best dessert soup with more than half the time saved.
- After Boiling the soup, stir the soup constantly for 5 minutes with a chopstick. Then cook and simmer the soup without a lid for 30 minutes over medium heat. This simple method could save you a lot of time on this dessert.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 Chunk Dried Snow Fungus
- 10 Pieces Chinese Dried Red Dates
- 1 Tbsp Dried Goji Berries
- 20g Rock Sugar
- 1000g Water
- Pre-soak the dried snow fungus in the water for 30 minutes.
- When the snow fungus becomes puff and watery after 30 minutes soak in the water, remove it from the water. And cut the yellow root from the bottom with a scissor.
- Tear the whole snow fungus into small pieces, and transfer them to a cooking pot. Fill up the water to cover the snow fungus.
- Cook the soup over high heat with a lid covered, and add rock sugar and dried Chinese red dates once it's boiled.
- Remove the lid immediately once the soup boiled, and switch the heat to low medium. Keep cooking the soup for 30 minutes without the lid.
- Add the dried goji berries 5 minutes before you turn off the heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6.7mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3.2gSugar: 25gProtein: 0.8g