Matcha soy milk pudding is the best dessert to enjoy anytime from its smooth and creamy texture. The only thing you need to do in this recipe is combining all the ingredients and bring them to a boil. And enjoy it when it’s chilled. Yes, this homemade recipe is just that simple and delicious.
What are the ingredients?
- The Matcha soy milk pudding is made of soy milk, sugar, condensed milk, milk, heavy cream, gelatin powder, and corn starch. The combination of different types of milk creates a smooth and creamy texture for this dessert. Soy milk pudding tastes like tofu more than a pudding due to the thick texture.
- Sift the Japnese Matcha powder on the top of the pudding, which will balance out the sweetness for this dessert.
Can I make the soy milk pudding as a vegan recipe?
- Yes, the soy milk pudding could also be a vegan recipe. You can use agar powder instead of gelatin, and also remove milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream from the recipes. Besides, you need to change the amount of soy milk from 300g to 450g for the vegan recipes.
- Soy milk is a plant-based protein source. It is healthy and brings plenty of benefits to our body.
- Agar powder from the Marine red algae is an excellent substitute for gelatin to make vegan pudding or ice cream.
- 300g Soy Milk
- 6g Gelatine Powder
- 100g Milk
- 50g Heavy Cream
- 25g Sugar
- 25g Condensed Milk
- 5g Corn Starch
- Add soy milk, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and condensed milk to the saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium-low fire. Keep cooking and stirring the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, add gelatine powder with 20ml cold water. Mix well. Let the gelatine melt by place it in another bigger bowl with boiling water.
- Add the melted gelatine and corn starch into the saucepan, and cook it through on low heat. Keep stirring it for 5 minutes to get rid of the lumps. Turn off the heat.
- Strain the mixture into the ramekins with a small colander. Then keep them in the refrigerator for 2 hours with plastic wrap covered
- Sift the matcha powder on top of the pudding before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7.4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 34.1gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 27.6gProtein: 10.6g