Strawberry Brioche – A classic brioche recipe made with a twist on homemade strawberry jam. This easy strawberry brioche recipe serves a mouthwatering breakfast with the most fluffy, eggy, buttery and fruity bread that everyone enjoys.
What Is Strawberry Brioche?
Strawberry brioche combines cotton-soft milk bread with homemade strawberry jam to create a perfect contrast in both visual and taste. This easy and quick brioche recipe simplified the process and makes a delicious loaf in less than 4 hours.
Unlike the traditional French brioche recipe, this strawberry brioche is made directly without a starter. And you only need a few simple ingredients to make the bread remains soft and fluffy for days.
Why strawberry? Cooking homemade strawberry jam is a routine for my spring schedule once the season comes. It is so easy to prepare that requires 3 ingredients only. Making delicious bread for spring is always delightful to prepare with something fresh and seasonal. You may also use the store-bought fruit jam if you want to, it will still make an incredible loaf with this easy recipe.
Why Do People Love This Recipe?
It is the easiest brioche recipe you can find online, a rich buttery brioche is made in less than 4 hours and it tastes just like the one made in a French recipe.
Strawberry jam and airy milky bread are the best combinations for breakfast, it is so tasty and flavorful that everyone will fall in love with them, especially loved by kids.
What Are The Ingredients For Strawberry Brioche?
This fruity strawberry brioche recipe calls for the following ingredients below:
- Bread Flour
- Egg Yolk
- Granulated Sugar
- Milk Powder
- Active Dry Yeast
- Unsalted Butter
- Strawberry Jam
How To Make Strawberry Brioche?
First, make the dough by combining all ingredients besides butter and strawberry jam in a mixing bowl. Knead the dough with a stand mixer until smooth.
Divide the dough into two equal pieces, and knead two doughs separately for different flavors. Add butter to one dough and keep kneading until the butter is fully absorbed. Add butter and strawberry jam to the second dough and knead until it becomes pink and smooth.
Next, proof each dough in a warm area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Shape each dough into 9x 12 inches rectangles with a rolling pin and place the pink dough on the white dough to cover it completely.
Cut the bottom half into equal strips and spread the top part with strawberry jam. Twist each strip entirely and gently roll up the dough into a log.
Transfer the dough to a baking pan. Proof the dough in a warm area for 1 hour until doubles in size.
Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) and bake for 25 minutes.
Make sure the butter is completely combined into the dough before moving to the next step. Since the dough requires more butter than usual to make an extremely soft texture, it is more efficient if knead the dough with a stand mixer.
To reduce the time for proofing, you can always create a warm area for the dough. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it in either microwave or oven with a cup of hot water aside. It will increase the moisture level as well as the temperature in order to short the proof time.
Store the bread in an airtight plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days. To serve, remove the bread from the fridge and let it warm up a little bit before serving. The bread will remain the softness for days.
More Delicious Recipe You May Enjoy.
How Do You Like This Recipe?
I’d love to know how you feel about this Strawberry Brioche recipe if you had a chance to try it. Leave me in the comment below, thanks.
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk Powder
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons Strawberry Jam
- Add bread flour, egg, egg yolk, sugar, milk powder, salt, yeast and milk to a large mixing bowl. Combine and knead the dough with a stand mixer on high speed for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter to one dough and knead for 5 minutes until the butter is entirely absorbed. Transfer the dough to a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam and the rest of the butter to another dough. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until well combined, then transfer to a clean bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Let both doughs rise for 1.5 hour in a warm area until doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough to a clean work surface, and press them to release air. Round them into a ball shape and let them rest for 15 minutes with plastic wrap covered.
- Flatten each dough into a 9x 12 inches rectangle and place the pink dough on the white dough to cover it completely. Cut the bottom half into equal strips and spread the top part with strawberry jam. Twist each strip entirely and gently roll up the dough into a log. Pinch to seal and place the seam side down. Transfer the dough to a baking pan.
- Proof the dough in a warm area for 1 hour until doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool down on a wire rack. Top the break with the rest of the strawberry jam and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 6.3gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 37.6gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 5.8g