The delicious strawberry tart made with mascarpone cheese and refreshing homemade fruit jam is the most delightful dessert you are deserving of this spring.
Strawberry tart is a crispy pastry shell filled with creamy mascarpone cheese and fresh strawberries on the top. Fruit tart is very common in French pastry, such as lemon tart, which is the most welcomed dessert. However, the strawberry tart is an ordinary dessert for winter and spring since it is the best season for the taste. The sweet and refreshing strawberries add to the creamy cheese made this pastry dessert even better.
How to make a perfectly crispy crust?
- The tart shell is made with all-purpose flour, almond flour, butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt. The ingredients are the same as making the Sumikko Gurashi Butter Cookies in my previous post. The best thing about this recipe is it lasts the crispy texture longer than others, and easy to make.
- You don’t need to worry about if the shell will be poped or crushed after baking after you try this recipe. The only essential tip for this crispy shell is to let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after you combined all the ingredients into the dough.
- And always bake the plain shell separately, even though you need the fillings to be baked as well.
- Let the baked shell cool down completely before adding the fillings.
No baking filling
- This is a no baking filling fruit tart made with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, egg yolk, sugar, and gelatin. The chilled creamy filling tastes like strawberry milk pudding which is the best and unique than a regular tart.
How long does the strawberry tart last?
- It is recommended to consume the fruit tart within 3 days for the best taste while keeping it in the refrigerator with plastic wrap covered.
How to serve with the strawberry tart?
- I made this heart-shaped strawberry tart especially for Valentine’s day, which is a perfect dessert for a lovely day.
- Enjoy this delightful dessert with Strawberry Matcha Latte or Homemade Milk Tea.
- 40g Butter
- 30g Sugar
- 30g Egg Yolk
- 75g All-purpose Flour
- 10g Almond Flour
- 1g Salt
- 30g Egg Yolk
- 25g Sugar
- 25g Water
- 150g Mascarpone Cheese
- 120g Heavy Cream
- 8g Gelatin Powder
- 2Tbs Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 4 Fresh Strawberries
- Soft the butter at room temperature before use.
- Beat the butter with sugar in a large mixing bowl until white and fluffy. Add egg yolk, and beat it to combine well.
- Sift all-purpose flour, almond flour, and salt into the mixture. Combine well with a spatula.
- Wrap the dough with plasitc film and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- After 30 minutes, bring the dough to the table, and flatten it with the roller. Then transfer the dough to the heart shape baking pan, and press it to make it even.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and bake for 25 minutes.
- After baking, remove the crust from the pan, and let it cool down on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the boling water in the saucepan.
- Combine water, sugar, and egg yolk in a bowl. Set the bowl over the saucepan, and keep whisking for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Add gelatin powder and 1 tablespoon of cold water in a small bowl. Mix well with a spoon. Place the bowl in the bolied water in another bigger bowl to dissolve the gelatin.
- Add the dissolved gelat and mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture. And keep whisking until they are completely combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan, and set it aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk the heavy cream to thick and fluffy. Then combined it with mascarpone cheese mixture, and mix well.
- Pull the mascarpone cheese mixture into the tart crust. And add 2 tablespoons of the homemade strawberry jam to it as well.
- Chill the tart in the refridgerator for 2 hours until it firmly sets.
- Decorate the tart with some fresh strawberries, when it is firmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 19.4gSaturated Fat: 11.1gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 20.6gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 9.4gProtein: 7.6g